Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Ellen's New Chair

To get our third bedroom ready for the new baby, we moved Ellen's play kitchen from there into her room and moved the rocking chair out of her room.
Before and after

She really loved the rocking chair and would climb up into it frequently. I felt bad just taking it from her, so I made her a new stuffed chair. My friends made them for their kids and posted an awesome step by step tutorial on their blog, so check that out if you want more details. I made this very quickly and it is not perfect. I also just stuffed it with some old pillows, so it's shape isn't perfect, but Ellen loves it and it totally serves it's purpose!


Now I can get the baby's room ready!

3 comments:

  1. Awesome chair, I'm very impressed! Maybe I'll make one for K... someday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great chair! Makes me feel inspired to do one for the kids. Thanks for sharing the tutorial link.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad the chair works for you! I was wondering if anyone would try it-and if they would understand what I wrote (finally using that technical writing class from college)! Looks like you were successful-the stuffing is the most expensive part so I've been using whatever we've got laying around too-boxes help keep the chair shape if you have any small ones to stuff in there. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete