Monday, July 7, 2008

Trip to Utah Part 4

We got up early Saturday morning and drove to Bicknell. Bicknell is the land of the Brinkerhoff forefathers. It has a population of 353 people, no traffic lights, and beautiful farm land as far as the eye can see. Jeff's dad grew up there and the Brinkerhoff farm is still in the family. We love staying at the farm!

We've always loved going to "Brinks Burgers" to eat, but this time Brinks Burgers was no more! Now it's "Slackers" and as you can tell, Kevin and Jeff aren't very happy about that.


The neighboring town of Torry parks a sheriff's car on the side of the road with a dummy in it. Each time we go, it is parked in a different place. It is surprisingly effective at slowing down traffic. Even though we now know it is a dummy, we still slow down!


We hiked up the sand castles. Jeff was brave to carry
Ellen over uneven, steep, and slippery terrain.


The beautiful farm

We all drove over to the cemetery to see where Grandpa Brinkerhoff is buried. Jeff's dad pulled over a few times and had us get out so he and Grandma Brinkerhoff could tell us some interesting stories about the history of the area and growing up there.


It all the sudden got really stormy while we were at the cemetery!
(I'm not quite sure what I'm doing in this picture...sigh...)

Back at the farm house




We drove all the way home Sunday. We hit some traffic and stopped a few times, so the 9 hour drive took us 12! Thankfully we gained an hour coming west and made it home at 7:30 pm.
It was a really fun trip!

4 comments:

  1. This picture of Ellen is SO adorable. I cannot believe how old (ha ha, not exactly the right word, but you get what I saying, right?) she is looking. Our babies are growing up!! *SOB* I told Kevin that I was missing the newborn phase already, after I heard a newbie crying. He just laughed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean. Every day I look at Ellen and think, "When did you get so big??" :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Josh and I are sorry that we missed all of the festivities. It looks like everyone had a great time! And it's so fun seeing the pictures of the farm in Bicknell. It's strange to be so far away and not be able to take just a quick weekend trip down there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, and we also noticed that Brink's Burgers isn't there anymore. Josh was quite disappointed. Who would want to go to a place called "Slackers" anyway?

    ReplyDelete