Thursday, July 3, 2008

Trip to Utah Part 2

On Thursday, we went to Provo for a reunion with Jeff's extended family on his dad's side.
We met at UVU for a game of disc golf. (Ellen is getting really good at sleeping while we play.)


Ellen with Grandpa and cousin Courtney (makes me realize how big Ellen is getting!)


We met Jon and Julia for lunch. It was fun to catch up!


We got to see one my of mission companions and then met back with the group at BYU for a reptile show at the Bean Museum. It was my first time in the Bean Museum--I just never made it there during the six years I was a student--and it was really interesting!
This rhino is one of the newest additions to the museum.


Jeff's uncle works for BYU Alumni so he took us on a tour of the new Hinckley Building.


While everyone was browsing, Ellen's cousins did a great job keeping her happy.

After we were done on campus, we all went up to Timp Lodge
We were able to all be there together for two days. It is a fabulous facility!

Uncle Brian and Aunt Julie with their youngest niece and nephew.
(Do you think Tanner and Ellen will remember all this bonding time?)


After dinner, the evening was finished off with a talent show.
Jeff and Kevin performed their favorite "Bagpipe Pirates"

4 comments:

  1. The Bean museum, eh? Sounds very interesting! Jeff, I love the bagpipes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aimee, I added a link in this post to the website for the Bean museum--it is a life science museum on the BYU campus. Sorry I wasn't more clear about that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha! I didn't even think that non-BYU people wouldn't know what the Bean museum is :-).

    Isn't Timp Lodge where the famous "stick shifts and safety belts" picture was taken???

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are correct, Brianne, that is the place! :)

    ReplyDelete