Monday, June 27, 2011

Camping

We took the girls camping overnight for the first time. Except for not getting much sleep, it was a fun experience!

Ellen and Jeff loved their flame roasted hot dogs.


This is Rachel asking for more s'mores. :)


Ellen was thrilled with the idea of sleeping in a sleeping bag in a tent. Rachel warmed up to the idea pretty fast, especially since we had her Pack N Play for her to sleep in.


Rachel went right to sleep, but Ellen kept getting out of bed and looking out the bottom of the tent door. She was fascinated with the people at the other campsites that were still around their fires. Jeff and I watched a movie on his laptop by our fire until it was our bedtime. However, the people next to us were kind of loud so I had a hard time going to sleep and then the sun rose at 5:20--and Ellen did too, so it wasn't the best night of sleep ever. :)

Jeff made us a yummy breakfast on the Coleman stove in the morning.


We attempted a short hike in the morning, but the girls were pretty tired so we didn't last long.

2 comments:

  1. What a fun outing! We take our first camping trip with Lucas this week. I'm anticipating the less sleep. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe you took the pack n' play camping . . . but whatever works! We have yet to take our first family camping trip even though Reed loves it. I hope we can go soon.

    ReplyDelete