Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Balboa Park

Jeff had work off on MLK day, so we went down to Balboa Park in San Diego for the day.

Not all the gardens are "stroller accessible," but we made them that way. In the picture on the right, we had been at the bottom of the hill on the left side of the picture. We didn't want to walk all the way around, so I carried Ellen and Jeff carried the stroller to the top.

Jeff showing Ellen a cactus and Jeff trying to be like a cactus.

Ellen wants to know, "Where are the roses?" We made a special effort to go to the rose garden, and all we saw were the bare bushes in the background. Then we remembered it was January. Of course. I'm sure it's beautiful in June. :)


Ellen was mesmerized by the fountain.

As I'm posting these pictures, I'm thinking about how so many of you are posting about crazy cold weather and snow on your blogs. We are grateful for the good weather here and it makes me realize we may have a hard time leaving some day. I guess this makes up for the fact that there are no houses to buy in our price range. As Jeff says, we pay to live outside!

6 comments:

  1. i never thought of it that way! Now i don't feel so bad. Looks like you had great fun on your outing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Balboa Park, I lived within walking distance when I lived in SD. I miss Balboa Park. My dog fell into that fountain b/c she was running to fast at it to stop. Memories. Can you believe Ellen is nearly 1???? Where did time go, Jenn? Weren't we just in high school? Colorguard, drama, choir, has that much time really passed us by?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aimee, it is hard to believe how fast time goes. I really want to know where this last year went?! At least I do remember it was fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like you've been having so much fun in the warm weather! It looks like a wonderful place to live (especially this time of year). :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree about your weather - Your pictures look like heaven to me right now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So jealous of your weather! I would do anything for a walk outside!

    ReplyDelete