Sunday, August 1, 2010

Goodbye and Hello

A few weeks ago, we finally said goodbye to my trusty Subaru. It was the best car for me in Utah, but with two car seats in the back, it was really cramped. It was too narrow to put the car seats next to each other, so Rachel's rear facing seat was behind the passenger seat. When I would sit there, my knees were crammed into the dashboard. Sigh...it was a great 5 years together!




But don't worry, I'm over it because we have upgraded to a minivan! We love having so much room in the car, the automatic doors, and having so much room in the car!
(Yes, that repeat was intentional!)


10 comments:

  1. Congratulations...more space is always NICE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Sienna commercial that says, "The thought of owning a minivan used to make me cry myself to sleep at night." But the features really are appealing. I'm glad you found something that works better for your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love my minivan! I'm a huge fan. Glad to see you found more space. Out of curiosity, what kind did you get?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brianne, I know a lot of people feel that way, but I have always wanted a minivan.

    Amber, it is a 2007 Honda Odyssey EX.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am also a proud mini-van mama. We wanted one even before we had kids, SO much room!! :) The automatic doors are amazing too...I wish it had an automatic tail gate too but that is asking too much I guess. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahhhh, someday. Minivans these days are so nice! Good for you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm the same way--I love our little cars, but know that someday at least one will have to give way for something with more room. Right now we have Britta's carseat in the middle back seat and it works well, but I'm not sure what we're going to do when she outgrows it and needs a bigger rear facing seat. I'm afraid a bigger one won't fit anywhere in our back seat (we have really tiny cars!). :)

    ReplyDelete