Wednesday, August 25, 2010

The Girls' Room

Some of you may remember that when my mom came to visit, I mentioned that we shopped for some things to decorate the girls' room. Well, four months later, I'm ready to show some pictures!!

We bought new blackout blinds for the windows and I sewed these valances. The white floral strip of fabric on the valances is the same as the sheets.






When Rachel was ready for a big crib, I wasn't ready to put Ellen in a big girl bed yet, so we bought her a convertible crib (off Craigslist, of course!) that can become a toddler bed when we're ready. In preparation for that change, I bought a toddler bed set of bedding, but it didn't have a matching toddler sized bed skirt. So I bought a queen sized bed skirt, cut it up, and made it into two skirts--one for each crib.

Ellen's crib



I also bought a set of twin sized sheets and cut them up for the strip on the valances and I made another crib sheet so the two would match.

Rachel's crib


We decided not to paint their room due to the vaulted ceiling and interesting ceiling lines, but I'm going to get some vinyl decor to put on their walls to complete the look. You can look forward to seeing that soon...

The best part is that both girls are actually sleeping in this room at night! We moved the cribs in there a few months ago, but didn't actually have the girls sleep together until a few weeks ago. There were a few early mornings where they woke each other up, but now there are sleeping until 7 am. I love hearing them in there right after they wake up--Ellen is usually doing something that makes Rachel laugh and then she laughs back. They are so fun!

5 comments:

  1. so awesome jenn! you did such a great job! you are amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is very crafty of you! I'm glad the girls are sleeping well together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That room looks great! I love the coordinating curtains and bedding, very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks great! Well done! Fun that they get to wake up together :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The room looks great! Where did you find the blackout blinds?

    ReplyDelete