My mom and sister, Michelle, came to visit for a few days this week. I was excited to have the opportunity for my mom to help me pick out some things to decorate the girls' bedroom and other parts of the house. I thought it would take the whole trip to get in all the errands I had planned. Nope--Jeff stayed home the first night after the girls were in bed so we could go out and we got all the errands done in about an hour and a half. It was so easy to shop without kids to keep happy and with my mom's second (awesome) opinion with me!
Michelle was very helpful and the girls had fun with her.

My mom and I took the girls out for a walk/jog each morning even though it was unseasonably rainy.

Thankfully it cleared up enough to go to the beach, but it was really windy.

This is Ellen having a meltdown and only wanting me, even though I was carrying sleeping Rachel.

Oh, we found the swings. End of meltdown.

The next day we went to Pretend City, the new Children's Museum near us. I've been wanting to go, but didn't dare take both kids by myself.
Ellen loved the store, . . .

. . . the water. . .

. . . the live chicks in the farm area . . .

. . . picking fruit off the trees, and everything else there.

My mom enjoyed carrying Rachel and taking lots of pictures. Thanks Mom!

Of course, Michelle and I had to bake something on her last day.

Thanks for coming!

Michelle was very helpful and the girls had fun with her.

My mom and I took the girls out for a walk/jog each morning even though it was unseasonably rainy.

Thankfully it cleared up enough to go to the beach, but it was really windy.

This is Ellen having a meltdown and only wanting me, even though I was carrying sleeping Rachel.

Oh, we found the swings. End of meltdown.

The next day we went to Pretend City, the new Children's Museum near us. I've been wanting to go, but didn't dare take both kids by myself.
Ellen loved the store, . . .

. . . the water. . .

. . . the live chicks in the farm area . . .

. . . picking fruit off the trees, and everything else there.

My mom enjoyed carrying Rachel and taking lots of pictures. Thanks Mom!

Of course, Michelle and I had to bake something on her last day.

Thanks for coming!

Your daughters are DARLING. YOU look absolutely STUNNING. Hope to see pics of their newly-decorated bedroom soon too! And what a fun children's museum!
ReplyDelete