Thursday, June 10, 2010

The Woombie

The beginning of June brought on a milestone in Rachel's life--she learned to sleep without her Woombie. What is a Woombie? A fabulous zip up swaddle blanket. On the recommendation of two of my friends, we bought a Woombie when Rachel was about two months old. She was breaking out of her swaddle in the middle of the night and this helped keep her contained and led to both of us sleeping better. I loved it and so did she. The only problem came four months later when she was learning to roll and I was afraid she'd end up on her tummy without her arms to support her. We started leaving her arms out and she had a few days where it was hard for her to fall asleep. Thankfully, she conquered that quickly and a few days later we stopped using it altogether since she's rolling like crazy and usually sleeps on her tummy these days.

I don't know how I didn't get a picture of Rachel sleeping in the Woombie in her crib since that's where she usually sleeps. I'm glad I at least have this picture of her sleeping in it in the swing, where she used to nap occasionally.


5 comments:

  1. That's cool. I will have to remember it if/when we have another kid.

    Lauren LOVED her swaddle, but would break out of it and wake up crying. She stopped using it this month. We first stopped using it during night time and then later for naps. For some reason she needed it more during nap time.

    Swaddling is the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad she transitioned ok. I love the Woombie and I'm so glad it worked for someone else, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Myla loves the woombie as well. It is funny though, Madeline did not like it at all. It amazes me how they already have their preferences at such young ages. That swing sure looks familiar :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Man... I am in the process now of weaning my baby off the swaddling. I think I definitely waited too long as he is now 9 months! Hopefully he falls asleep quicker over time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have one that has arm holes and it's great!! Maybe I should start putting Kamden in your kind since he sucks his fingers and it might break the habit! Or he'll just scream at me since he can't find his fingers. Oh well.

    ReplyDelete