Friday, March 13, 2009

Communication

Ellen is finally picking up on some communication. She's said "mama" and "dada" for a while, but she just said her first other word: "duck." I don't really know where that came from. She does have a duck toy and a few rubber duckie that she loves. I guess they've really had an impact. :)

A few weeks ago she finally started doing some sign language. We've been doing some signs with her since last fall and then she got some signing DVD's for Christmas and I guess it finally clicked. She started doing 4 or 5 at once. None of them are really accurate, but we know what they mean and it have been so nice to have her communicate with us!

4 comments:

  1. What a smart little girl! I love her "duck." :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cool! Ellen is doing so good! We tried teaching Faye sign language, and she got a few down like milk and crackers. But then the words came more easily and sign language was forgotten.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kaylin said "duck" pretty early on too. I have no idea why they seem to like that word so much. That's great that Ellen is communicating with you more. It helps so much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute! I love her own little versions of the signs. Communication is what's important, not accuracy.

    ReplyDelete