Friday, February 25, 2011

Organizing

We caught the it's-January-let's-organize-the-house bug.

The area under our stairs has been a place for extra food for a while, but it was just stacked by the walls, and then the middle filled up, there were bags of food scattered about, and I really didn't know what was in there. I wish I had a before picture of the disaster! I finally had enough of that and Target had a sale on shelves. The result:

Oh so beautiful and organized! We actually had a lot more food than I thought we did and I know what we have. Hooray! Now we can actually access our 72 hour kits at the back (which will be a huge plus if we ever need them)!

No before picture here either, but it was just a few overflowing tubs of toys that never looked very organized. We found this beauty at Costco and I LOVE it! I actually have a place to put my bag inside one of the bins so it's not always out and I love that we have a shelf for the books instead of just piling them in a tub.


This last addition has more to do with December than January. For my birthday, Jeff said we could buy a freezer for the garage!! He's always said there isn't room, but he measured and decided there was. We bought it on a MLK day sale and it has been awesome! Chicken went on sale and I could actually stock up instead of just buying what would fit inside. Woohoo!

5 comments:

  1. Everything looks great! Eric's had this week off and that's what we've been doing too. I'm so jealous of your freezer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had that bug, too. :) ...still do. We are hoping to get Matt's mom's freezer for our garage soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally jealous of your freezer!! I would love one that big! Isn't it fun to organize, I have totally been bitten by that bug and I think it's starting to bug everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yay for food storage! you're such a good example! i'd better get on it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everything looks awesome. I love the bins for the toys, we have something like that too and it really helps. You're really getting caught up on your blog, it's been fun to see all your posts!

    ReplyDelete