Sunday, August 23, 2009

Cross Stitch and Quilt

I finally framed and hung the cross stitch I made for Ellen. She's only 18 months old... :)
I finished the cross stitch about 6 months ago, but with moving and things the framing got put off until last week.


A few months ago, I hung up the quilt that my mom made for Ellen in her room. It's fun to have a few things on the wall in there now!

8 comments:

  1. SO darling!! I am attempting to sew. Its been a little slow going! I hope you are doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking good! I started a cross-stitch for one of my nieces when she was born and I never finished it (she's almost 12!!). So I'd say 18 months is fast. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cross-stitch looks great! I made one for Kaylin and I feel obligated to make one for baby #2. Are you making one for #2?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the cross-stitch. you did such a great job! And I LOVE the quilt your mom made, it's beautiful! What a cute looking room! yea! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brianne, I am planning to make one for baby #2. However, I haven't even thought about starting... :)

    The cross stitch is a tradition in our family that my mom's mom passed on to her and then my mom did one for each of us. Jessica makes bigger (8x10) sized cross stitches. I decided to be more conservative with a 5x7 in hopes that means that each kid will actually get one. We'll see though...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful quilt and cross-stitch. I did cross stitch for my first 2 and then after the 3rd just ran out of time. Who would have guessed! It's a beautiful creation though!

    ReplyDelete