Saturday, November 29, 2008

Thanksgiving

We had a fun Thanksgiving on Thursday.
Jeff and I made a delicious dinner and enjoyed eating it with Ellen.


Playing on the floor after dinner


Last year, we went to the beach between dinner and dessert and this year we decided to make it a tradition. The sun was peeking through the clouds, but it was still a little "windy" and "cold." (This, of course, is all relative. It would have been considered beautiful weather at the Oregon Coast :)). We put our feet in the water and walked up and down the Newport Pier. We had fun taking pictures and sharing this unique California experience with Ellen.




Jeff and Ellen playing in the water




The picture on the right shows how excited Ellen gets when she gets to stand up.

The video below shows her "vocal" side.

7 comments:

  1. The beach sounds wonderful right now! I'm dreading the snow that will be coming in the next while!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think going down to walk on the beach is a great tradition for Thanksgiving while you live in California! Looks like a wonderful day for you both! Did Ellen eat any of the food?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ellen ate some of almost everything--turkey, potatoes, rolls, green beans, and stuffing. She was having a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds like a great family tradition! Love the pics :) I'm jealous I'm sure you had minimal clean-up after dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just had a great time checking out a bunch of your old posts! Looks like you guys are doing great! We were in CA for voting day visiting Josh's parents, and I can sympathize with your joy over prop 8 passing! It sounded like a lot of work, but worth it in the end, we hope, right?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey it was so good to see you at the wedding! Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete