Every once and a while, someone will ask me about Ellen's nursery--what color it is, or how I've decorated it. I just have to smile and tell them that we live in a one bedroom apartment...so Ellen sleeps in our walk-in closet in a Pack N Play. I haven't done one bit of nursery decorating. (But I am oh so grateful that we have a quiet place for her to sleep--it has actually worked out really well). I just realized that I hadn't taken a picture yet, so here it is. I had considered decorating the closet like a nursery (ok, I entertained the thought for about 3 seconds), but then I realized that instead of cute baby things for Ellen to look at, she can just look at her clothes instead. She's about to exceed the weight limit of the Pack N Play's elevated level, so it's almost time to buy a real crib (which will also fit in the closet! Woohoo!) Jeff just loves that we have a great story to tell her when she's older. "When you were born, you slept in the closet for the first few months of your life..."

Looks very cozy. You know you can just take the basinette part out of the pack 'n play to make the next size crib. You just put the mattress padding down. If you did that you wouldn't have to buy a crib or find a place to store the pack 'n play...it's just a thought.
ReplyDeleteEllen is so adorable. I love seeing her pictures.
Hey, by the way, we have a vacancy coming up. It's a two bed two bath but it is unfournately 1525 a month. let me know if you are intrested.
ReplyDeleteIt's great to see a picture of the closet nursery! If it makes you feel better, Matthew slept in the pantry for the first few months of his life. That's where his mom always put the baby until they could share a room. And my niece, Ashley's baby, slept in the laundry room until just a few months ago. So a walk in closet doesn't sound too bad!
ReplyDeleteI love it! I have often thought our walk-on closet would be a much better place for Jameson.
ReplyDeleteCute pack and play! I think the closet idea is smart, nice and dark in there and close to mommy and daddy! Plus, think of all the money you have saved NOT decorating! :) I can't say the same unfortunately....hee hee.
ReplyDeleteAwesome! Miriam slept in a cardboard box when she was first born (same deal as you - 1bd apartment) and then in our bed with us. Even now that she has her own room, it's not really "decorated" - it's furnished with all the uglier hand-me-down furniture we have that we don't want out in the living room or our room :).
ReplyDeletei think i win the prize with our son sleeping in the bathroom! We have a travel lite pack and play that's small enough to roll from our one bedroom (nap time) to the bathroom every night. And come to think of it, i don't have a picture yet either! Thanks for the idea!!
ReplyDeleteAnd i agree with the comment about taking out the bassinet part-- we're still using ours. No need to spend money on a crib yet!