Thursday, May 14, 2009

Baby #2

We wanted to let everyone know that we are expecting baby #2!



I am 15 weeks pregnant and my due date is November 5. However, my doctor said he would induce me at 39 weeks because Ellen was so big (9 lbs 2 oz) when she was born. That means we should have our little one with us before the end of October! We're excited to have these two kids about 21 months apart. We'll have an ultrasound and hopefully find out the gender in mid-June.

Thankfully, I wasn't sick at all during the first trimester (and good thing since that's when we moved), but I was really tired. Ellen still takes two naps a day and for a few months, I took two naps too! I have felt like I have a lot more energy the past week or so and some of those lingering boxes are starting to get unpacked!

22 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, congrats!!! How exciting! Best wishes for a easy and healthy pregnancy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah! I'm so excited for you guys!! I don't know how you've been able to keep it a secret for so long, good job :) Can't wait to find out what you're having...maybe the first grandson for your parents :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!!! I am so excited for you, and can't wait to hear what you're having!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woohoo! That is so great! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yea! You're probably going to have baby #2 before I even meet baby #1.

    ReplyDelete
  6. CONGRATULATIONS JENNIFER!!! That is so fun and exciting! Can not wait to hear what gender it is :) :)!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats! I'm glad things are going well with the pregnancy so far. Does it feel different this time?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations to you all! Hope everything continues to go well and you feel good!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Becca, it has been a little different this time--overall I've felt better than last time. And I'm so grateful...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Woo hoo! That's so great! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I knew it! I had this feeling, and I have been thinking about emailing you for the past few weeks, but haven't had a computer. I am so happy for you!! Yay!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations! That's so exciting! That's awesome that Ellen and baby #2 will be so close! How fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations! That is so cool! I hope it all goes well for you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Double congrats!!! I got on your blog to say congrats on the new house but this is even better!
    I love being a mom too!
    We are coming to CA at the end of July. Can we get together for dinner or something?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks everyone!

    Julee, we'd love to see you when you're here! Email me and we can set something up!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I had a feeling about this! YAY for babies!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congratulations again Jennifer! Look forward to hearing if it's a boy or girl!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I just thought to myself "I better check Jennifer's blog because I bet #2 is on the way" and I was RIGHT! HEHE! I just know both of you too well.
    That is SOOO exciting!!!!!!!! YAY! If I would have only had 1 baby last time, giving me 2 kids now, I would be ready for another. But since I had 2 at once, 3 kids under 3 yrs, I am waiting A LONG TIME to add.
    I am glad you are feeling well, that is always a plus!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congratulations!! That is just awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  20. You know I've been checking your blog wondering when this announcement would come along... :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. So exciting! You are such a cute mom. Hope you are enjoying your new home!

    ReplyDelete
  22. WOOHOO!! Jenn, wonderful news!! :) I'm so happy for you guys! :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete